Jeffrey Knight - PRESIDENT
1. After more than 16 years in the environmental/remediation industry, what drove you to start your own business? I had the privilege of working with two start-up companies and help build those companies up through hard work and dedication. Based on my experiences from the ground level up into upper management, I decided it was the right time for me to start my own company and layer on my own level of customer service and build on the excellent relationships I had built.
2. How does that separate JKS Industries from your competitors? Through my years of experience, I?ve learned that the big difference I could make in this industry was through client relationship building to provide real customer service. I am building JKS Industries into a turn-key, top notch service provider for private, commercial and government entities.
3. How does JKS provide great customer service? The knowledge we bring to the table allows us to help our clients better understand their projects and meet regulatory requirements. Together we can create solutions that are cost effective and mitigate future risk ? we are committed to the long term.
4. JKS Industries works with city and statewide initiatives through partnerships with government agencies. How has that strengthened JKS?s position in the industry? Our participation and partnerships strengthen our bond in the community. These unique opportunities are part of the reason JKS continues to grow into a sustainable business.
5. What are three of your favorite things to do when not at work?
I enjoy spending quality time with family and friends going to dinner, concerts, comedy shows, and sports. I?m a HUGE BRONCO fan. And, my son is currently in High School and I enjoy watching him play sports.
Mr. Knight has over 16 years of experience in the environmental remediation and restoration industry. His clients have included Federal, State, Municipal, and Industrial and private sector clients. Mr. Knight?s areas of expertise include the abatement of asbestos, lead, mold and the remediation of various contaminants in all medias, the development and installation of proper engineering controls to ensure the health and well-being of personnel. His experiences also include the development of bids and budgeting for various agencies in the environmental remediation and restoration fields. Mr. Knight is well versed with numerous environmental regulations and requirements including SARA Title III, AHERA, Colorado Regulation 8, NIOSH, EPA and OSHA regulations.
KEY PROJECT HIGHLIGHT – MANHATTAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ASBESTOS ABATEMENT- BOULDER, CO
Mr. Knight served as the Program Manager for this project. He developed the cost proposal and the technical approach to successfully complete the project. There were so many different types of asbestos and engineering controls, and personnel required for the project that the strategy to successfully complete the project was complex. In fact Mr. Knight worked with the CDPHE regulators to support their training needs. Mr. Knight provided opportunities for the regulators to come onto the site and access the containments for inspection training purposes, due to the multitude of ACM. Mr. Knight worked with the key stakeholders from the Boulder Valley School District and the regulators to fully understand each of their concerns and incorporated those into the project design and work plans. Mr. Knight was responsible for ensuring that all of the materials and equipment were readily available to maintain the aggressive schedule. He developed a direct waste load out for the majority of the waste. This allowed the waste to be bulked out in a much quicker manner and it allowed the project to progress at approximately a 20% higher production rate. In addition, he designed a vacuum system to expedite the removal of the asbestos contaminated soil in the crawlspace. This also reduced the schedule of completion by approximately 10%. Mr. Knight ensured that all the electrical and fire alarm work was completed one week early so that the teachers were able to occupy the school on a full time basis. He provided regular updates and briefings to the school district and the teachers so that they understood exactly where the project was at and how it could potentially impact some of the school activities.
OTHER NOTABLE PROJECTS: United States Air force Academy Environmental IDIQ contract, United States Army Fort Carson Army Base Environmental IDIQ contract, United States Air Force F.E Warren Missile Storage Base Environmental IDIQ, Boulder Valley School District, Denver Public Schools, CDOT Asbestos on Call Services, RTD FasTracks Eagle P3, Federal Center, IBM, Conoco Phillips, Stapleton International Airport Development, St Varian School District, and Jefferson County School District.
- JKS Industries, LLC ? President 2011 to present
- Hudspeth and Associates, Inc ? Director of Abatement Services 2003 to 2011
- Knight Armour, Inc ? Director of Operations 1998 to 2003
- EAS, Inc ? Project Supervisor 1996 to 1998
- NTSX, Inc ? Sales Manager 1992 to 1996
- United States Navy ? Boatswain Mate 1989 to 1992