David Starks - PROJECT MANAGER
1. What did you do before joining the JKS team?
Before joining JKS I was a Field Supervisor at Hudspeth & Associates Inc.
2. How do you interact with JKS Industries customers?
I manage and coordinate with JKS clients the details about their projects. Whether on site at a location or by email or phone, I coordinate the tasks and manage the details and the deadlines between the JKS team and our clients.
3. How does JKS provide great customer service?
Our clients love us, because we listen to what they need, want, or require for a job and then deliver.
4. What are three of your favorite things to do when not at work?
When I am not at JKS, my number one activity is being a great Dad. I also enjoy sport bike riding or dining out at one of Colorado?s great local restaurants.
Mr. Starks has over seven years of experience supervising and managing large and small asbestos projects.? Mr. Starks oversees the safety and productivity of asbestos and other Hazardous Material removal on each project.? This includes the remediation and decontamination of asbestos, lead and mold.? Mr. Starks conducts safety meetings with the crews on a regular basis.? Mr. Starks understand the importance of reviewing the technical specifications and drawings to develop an efficient strategy to execute the projects. In addition, he communicates those strategies to the field supervisors working on the sites. This flow of communication allows JKS Industries to complete each project on time, within budget and without any safety violations or NOV?s.
KEY PROJECT HIGHLIGHT – PCL UIP DENVER FEDERAL CENTER
Mr. Starks was the Project Superintendent for the PCL Utilities Infrastructure Project consisting of the new installation of water distribution systems, sanitary and storm sewer and electrical distribution lines. With 21 miles of new and improved utilities on the project which also included the rehabilitation of existing sanitary sewer through both the cure-in-place pipe and pipe-bursting processes. Mr. Starks utilized innovative solutions in the excavation and remediation of Asbestos Contaminated Soils (ACS) for numerous contractors who came upon asbestos containing material in or around the soils to be excavated for the installation of the new or improved lines. Mr. Starks also is well aware of GSA/EPG SOP 26a, 26b, 27 utilized at the Denver Federal Center.
OTHER NOTABLE PROJECTS: Boulder Valley School District; Denver Public Schools; Dick Cheney Federal Building, Casper, Wyoming; CDOT Asbestos on Call Services;, USAFA Vandenberg Hall; Former Colorado National Bank, City and County of Boulder; Kirkland Air Force Base Albuquerque, NM; Fruita Refinery, Fruita, CO; and RTD FasTracks, Eagle P3.
- JKS Industries, LLC ? Superintendent/Project Manger 2011 to present
- Hudspeth and Associates, Inc. ? Project Superintendent 2007 to 2011
- Jan Leone Restaurant ? Manager 2003 to 2007
- Knight Armour, Inc ? Land Surveyor (Rocky Mtn. Arsenal) 1998 to 2003
- 40-Hour AHERA Supervisor Course
- 8-Hour AHERA Supervisor Refresher
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER
- 8-Hour HAZMAT
- Hazardous Waste Operations Course
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety and Health
- First Aid / CPR
- State of Colorado Asbestos Supervisor License
- State of South Carolina Asbestos AHERA Supervisor License
- Lead Awareness